Organic Vegetable Gardening Two Part Series Workshop 2019
Class have been fulfilled.
Gardening in Southern Utah can be a challenge!
Learn how to to be a better gardener in our two part series workshops that specifically cover growing your own food, organically and successfully!
This series will be a two part, hands on, in the garden learning workshop. You will have assignments to complete in week one!
- Introduction: What is Organic Gardening? How long does it take?
- Your Garden Site
- Building a Raised Bed
- Importance of Building Healthy, Living Soil
- What is pH, NPK and Why it Matters
- Improving and/or Making Your Gardens Soil
- Watering System and Techniques
- Building Microbes and how to use Mycorrhizae
- Compost, and Mulch
- Managing Pests Organically
- Seed Germination, Seedlings and Transplants
- Vegetables: Planning and Planting - Early Season, Mid-Season and Harvest
- Fertilizing Techniques
Workshops include class handouts, but notes should be taken! Workshops typically run 1 hour and 30 min. Strict cut off date for sign up is March 1st.
We offer 10% off for all class attendees on class days.