Organic Vegetable Gardening Two Part Series Workshop 2023
Gardening in Southern Utah can be a challenge!
Learn how to to be a better gardener in our two part series workshops that specifically cover growing your own food, organically and successfully!
This series will be a two part, hands on, in the garden learning workshop. You will have assignments to complete in week one!
Part #1 March 18th, 2023 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Introduction: What is Organic Gardening? How long does it take?
- Your Garden Site
- Building a Raised Bed
- Importance of Building Healthy, Living Soil
- What is pH, NPK and Why it Matters
- Improving and/or Making Your Gardens Soil
- Watering System and Techniques
- Building Microbes and how to use Mycorrhizae
Part #2 March 25th, 2023 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Compost, and Mulch
- Managing Pests Organically
- Seed Germination, Seedlings and Transplants
- Vegetables: Planning and Planting - Early Season, Mid-Season and Harvest
- Fertilizing Techniques
Workshops include class handouts, but notes should be taken! Workshops typically 2 hours. Cut off date for sign up is March 1st.
Learn to Prune Fruit Trees ...
Basic Gardening Workshop 2023
Organic Herb Class 2023
Growing Tomato Workshop 2023
Herb Course Fall 2023
Garlic Braiding Class 2023
Create a Succulent Planter ...
Fermenting Food Workshop 2023
Kombucha Class 2023
Organic Gardening Fall Clas...
Cooking With Herbs 2023