Organic Vegetable Gardening Two Part Series Workshop 2019
Gardening in Southern Utah can be a challenge!
Learn how to to be a better gardener in our two part series workshops that specifically cover growing your own food, organically and successfully!
This series will be a two part, hands on, in the garden learning workshop. You will have assignments to complete in week one!
Part #1 March 9th, 2019 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Introduction: What is Organic Gardening? How long does it take?
- Your Garden Site
- Building a Raised Bed
- Importance of Building Healthy, Living Soil
- What is pH, NPK and Why it Matters
- Improving and/or Making Your Gardens Soil
- Watering System and Techniques
- Building Microbes and how to use Mycorrhizae
Part #2 March 16th, 2019 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Compost, and Mulch
- Managing Pests Organically
- Seed Germination, Seedlings and Transplants
- Vegetables: Planning and Planting - Early Season, Mid-Season and Harvest
- Fertilizing Techniques
Workshops include class handouts, but notes should be taken! Workshops typically run 1 hour and 30 min. Strict cut off date for sign up is March 1st.
Learn to Prune Fruit Trees ...
Basic Gardening Workshop 2019
Organic Herb Class 2019
Herb Course 2019
Garlic Braiding Class 2019
Kombucha Class 2019
Fermenting Food Workshop
Organic Gardening Fall Clas...
Fresh Christmas Wreath Work...